Saturday, November 15, 2014

What I Want For Christmas

Do you remember those sweet innocent times when you believed in Santa Claus. You wrote your Christmas list and had the utmost confidence that if you were a good little girl or boy, you'd get exactly what you wished for. I am blessed to have a few of those memories and I hope you are too. There is incredible power in that innocence that we can harness if we remember the lesson.
What's the lesson you ask? It's quite simple really, just put yourself in the presence of any toddler or child who still believes in Santa and you'll be quickly reminded of the steps.
• First, ask for what you want. And don't be shy about asking for it either. What kid do you know who is shy about asking for what they want at Christmastime, or anytime for that matter? Some of them even demand it!
• Second, do what is required to ensure receipt of your gift. Kids know the deal. They know that Santa only brings toys if they are good, and we parents take full advantage of the Holiday season with Elves on the Shelf and the threat of telling Santa to encourage the best behavior from our kids.
• Last but not least. Wait in expectation! This is the all important step. I don't know about you but it is fun for me to watch my daughter all but quivering with excitement about Santa bringing her what she wants.
Now I'm sure you are asking, what does this have to do with me and my business? Well, the steps don't change when we get older, we just stop believing. No, Santa Claus is not going to come and bring you record sales, but you do need to ask for what you want, do the work necessary to get it and then wait in anticipation for it to come to pass.
Yesterday, in a meeting with some peers, we were chatting about business and next year's sales plans and I mentioned that I want to triple my business in 2014. When we finished chatting, the woman sitting next to me said "I overheard you talking about some marketing strategies, here are a few other things you may want to try". Had I not stated what I wanted, I would never have gotten those 3 additional strategies that I can easily implement in my marketing plan. Boldly state your goals and objectives to everyone who can help you to reach the goal.
In order for me to get what I want, I have to do what is required. Now, this is the real world, so being "good" isn't enough. What will be required is going to depend on the goal. In my case, I know I need search engine optimization. I know what drives clients to me and I need to perfect the machine that makes that happen so they come in more frequently. So what's required for me is to take the steps to make that a reality.
Once I've asked and done the work required, all that's left is to wait in expectation. Not wait in worry, not wait in fear but wait in anticipation! Just think about the night before Christmas anticipation you used to feel as a kid. That's what you need to channel for this part of the process.
Like I said before, this is a powerful lesson. And this is not a lesson we need to learn, we already know it, we just need to remember and practice it.
"Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon... must inevitably come to pass!" - Paul J. Meyer
Myra Cisse is the owner of Certification Consultants. Her company assists women, minority and veteran business owners who want to sell their goods and services to the federal government. On the path to government contracts, she is that "first" step.
To get your Free CD and White Paper and to receive informative weekly articles answering the most pressing questions about Women and Minority certifications, visit http://www.8aTheEasyWay.com.
Get more Ideas @ Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment